Saturday, June 29, 2013

Marksmanship Competition

I've had a handful of the older GW Empire plastic handgunners lurking in the corners of my workspace for some time (two, three years. Maybe a bit longer). There weren't enough to make a unit, so they have become mannequins for Empire finery and frippery. They've also been refresher pieces as I've pulled out long-unused tinlets of Humbrol enamel and bottles of Model Master military paints.

Anyways, on the firing line and squinting against the bright sun to see their marks, we have representatives from Hochland, Nuln, Ostland, Reikland and Altdorf:





Some of these figures started with dark primer, others with white. The paints ended up being a mix of enamels and acrylics from Humbrol, Vallejo, Model Master and GW. I used Humbrol acrylic metallics for the arquebusses; I'm impressed with how well these work and how smooth and shiny they are when dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment